Twenty-seventeen. Wow, it's incredible how crazy this year has been. I've described our journey as a rollercoaster many times and I think that's truly an understatement. But in all of this, we've experienced God's grace over and over again. We're so blessed to truly end this year on such a positive note.
It would be an incredibly long blog post if we were to recount the entirety of 2017, but we wanted to share some of the key moments of this year.
- K was able to hire an incredible assistant to help her in her business
- 2017 was a record year for the business as well, with the addition of more products, workshops and online conferences
- C was able to do fantastic at work in spite of his health challenges, and was able to gain recognition twice
- C & K travelled to Hokkaido, stay in a ryokan for two nights and drive around the island; and travel to Tokyo again
- C had a colonoscopy and the decision to change medication was made
- C & K travelled to Edmonton for Ricky's wedding, and C fell really ill and went to the hospital, but no conclusive results
- C was referred to a surgeon and ultimately we decided to have the surgery
- K finished two half marathons this year and was able to set another PB
- C's surgery was successful and we were able to come home after a week.
- C & K went back to the hospital due to an obstruction after a few days, but it was resolved overnight without intervention except for pain medication
- After a month of struggling with the appliance, we were able to find the right appliance for C's stoma
- Thanks to C's job, he was able to take paid time off to recuperate and adjust to the new lifestyle
- K was able to launch a new business with her friend H, Lark & Ives
- C & K decide to go back to Tap Richmond for their home church
- C & K went to Peru and was able to climb up Machu Picchu without issues
- C & K discover that they are expecting, due June 2018 (!!! < will share about this more soon!)
- C gets another bowel obstruction and this time it required intervention with an NG tube, and had to stay in the hospital for 4 days :( But thankfully it was resolved and we were able to head home
- C's second surgery is still not scheduled, so C & K decided to go to Tokyo - Osaka again in December 2017
- C & K was able to see the baby's first ultrasound and hear and see the heartbeat
- C & K's Japan trip was so much fun and relaxing this time around, and we got to eat lots of delicious food!
- C & K joins the Lim Family on a trip to Hawaii for Christmas
- C & K were able to have a restful December (thumbs up!)
This year with C's health, we really felt that we hit rock bottom. Just as it was said in Psalms 71: 20-21, this really became true for us.
"Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, you will restore my life again; from the depths of the earth you will again bring me up. You will increase my honor and comfort me once more."
God's grace saw us through and we can truly say that God is good, all the time. And when we were in our deepest, darkest times, He reminded us that our suffering on this earth is only temporary, and that in heaven we will no longer have to suffer. Those promises really saw us through it. As we enter this new season of life and as we look to this new year, we're so glad that in this journey we are not alone. We are grateful to each of you that pray for us and support us with your words and actions. We are so grateful to God who has seen us through it all.
2018 + parenthood is not going to be easy. It's a daily topic between C & I now, but we are also looking forward to this journey, because this is truly a blessing for us, and we are thankful everyday to be able to walk this path. That's why we've made the decision to make our announcement in Hawaii when we had the chance to visit the He>I store - which symbolizes that He (God) is greater than I. All of these experiences, this crazy rollercoaster journey, are there to point to Him, and glorify Him.